Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pre-Anniversary Anniversary trip

I think this is almost the last of my June updates.  I had soooo many things going on in June, that not only has it taken me this many posts to get them all up, but there was absolutely 0 time to blog (or breathe) the whole month.

Our little (big) bundle is due shortly after our anniversary, and pair that with 2 early babies before, we decided we had to take advantage of some free babysitting while we had it and get out of town!  It's our 5th anniversary, and we wanted to have a really fun/novel trip, but ya just can't do that 8.7 months pregnant!  So, we decided to go up to one of our old standbys, our condo at Wolf Creek.  Jeff even had to go to class the second day, and we checked out in the morning for me to go straight to work, but we really wanted to make it happen!


We grabbed Pizza Hut and drove up on Monday and arrived a little early, but luckily our place was ready.  We ended up watching many episodes of Lost and Alias and playing games (I know - doesn't sound like an awesome anniversary activity to you, but we really like playing games and never get the chance.) We ate at Carlos and Harley's that night, stuffed to the max, and I totally out-spicied Jeff.  The next day, we had cinnamon rolls, and while Jeff was at class, I finished my book.  We went to lunch at the Mad Moose and had delicious sandwiches and ice cream.  I should mention here, that I dropped a knife into my foot that was really giving me a hard time and I was hobbling (on top of the pregnant waddling) this whole time.  It prevented us from doing any of the hiking/walking I wanted to.  We also played pool and sort of raquetball.  After a few rounds, I had to sit and Jeff went at it for awhile.  That evening we ate at Gray Cliff Lodge - it's sort of a mix of really nice.... and really 70's.  Our meal was great, though, and they brought us dessert with trick candles in them for our anniversary.  That night, we had a "Why I love you" session that I believe may be a new anniversary tradition.
Next morning, we had the sloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowest breakfast at the Oaks and then headed off to drop me at work (very late, I may add.)  We didn't exchange gifts yet, and I am sure we will still have a nice expensive dinner around the day, but I was very glad to get to have a kidless few days just enjoying my amazing husband!

No comments: