Tuesday, August 7, 2012

29th Birthday

Man oh man, can't believe I am 29!  Somehow, birthdays have begun sneaking up on me more and more quickly as the years add up.  First, we had North family celebration (with Davey) with enchiladas, stove top tacos, BERRY CAKE!, and chocolate cheesecake.  I got shopping money (just what I wanted!) and despite all our intentions to play games, we ended up watching a little Olympics and turning in.

Last, we had a Radcliffe family celebration with DEEEEEEEP dish pizza that my dad loves to make, salad and these fabulous apple dumplings with ice cream that Jaimie concoted. If I'd known of their existance before-hand, it's what I would have picked for my dessert.

In the middle, on my actual bday, we had lots planned but never felt rushed or too packed.  We started the day with breakfast at Kneader's (have you ever had their breakfast? YUM!) then caught the newer Winnie the Pooh Movie as a family.  (The girls were a little scared of the bakson but seemed to enjoy it otherwise.)  We went from there to an OB appointment (always fun with the kidlets.)  It went fine, the babe's heartbeat and measurements were great, except my blood pressure was reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaallllllllllllly low.  Like 80-something on top.  Doc said I was probably just dehydrated, which sounds about right.  I've been pumping the water since then.  The girls gave me a certificate for the deluxe pedicure at a little place nearby - score!!

We caught lunch at In n Out after that, then brought the kiddies to stay with Grandma.  I had intended to go do a session at the Salt Lake Temple at that time, but luckily my friend mentioned it is still closed for rennovations right now.  So sad!  I chose to check out the Leonardo instead.  It was pretty fun - very interactive and interesting.  I just wished they'd had more explanation/signage.  There were many things that we had no idea what they were for/would do, but we filled our time anyway.  Jeff dropped me at Old Navy for a little shopping while he went to sign up for his next shift bid, then we went to dinner at (surprise for me) The Garden.  Our food was delicious, and when we arrived, there was a sign and a balloon at our table.  After we ate, they opened the roof, sang HB to me and I got to release my balloon through the roof with a wish.  That was pretty fun!  Jeff gave me my present - a publication of the first year of our blog!  Totally what I wanted!  It looks awesome.  It's expensive enough though, that it might take a few years to get them all...
Am I blessed or what?

No comments: