Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The comparison post

I've wanted to do a comparison of all 3 pregnancies, so I was waiting for the old 36 weeks to roll around to get them all at the same time period.  I think the result is a little more anticlimatic than I'd hoped.  (Though it does appear that I gained the most face weight with Alisa, and that she was sitting higher up - both Amie and the boy are already moved down in these.) 

Amelie at 36 weeks


Alisa at 36

(Secret boy name) at 36 weeks
Jeff keeps commenting how much younger I look in the first picture - I said that was before I was old with children. :)
I happened to go in for my 36 wk appointment today, and lo and behold, we're following exactly the same trend as with the girls.  I'd been very curious to see the results of this appointment, since I've definitely been having BH contractions for a couple weeks now.  Sure enough, I'm already dilated to 3cm, and about 60% effaced. Yes, active labor starts at about a 4/5, but I'm trying not to get too expectant, as I tend to hang around from 3-4 for at least a week or two.  My doctor did warn me, though, not to wait at all when things get going, since this is my 3rd babe and I have a history of short labor.  We're knocking on wood, here!  Of course, we don't want baby North to be too early, but I'm still also hoping for a delivery far enough away from my anniversary that I still get to have an anniversary.... every year forever after.


In other news, we finally picked a name!  It kinda surprises me, but I love it.  And NO I'm not telling yet. :) Muahahaha!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

We had the same problem with my son, he was due the day before my anniversary, but came a week early. I hope your labor is as easy as it can be. Can't wait to see pictures of the little guy and hear his name!