Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Fourth!

This year Jeff was off for the 4th, wow! But, we still couldn't go to Delta because they went on the weekend, and the holiday was mid-week, of course.  I had fully planned on taking the girls to a parade that morning, but I wasn't willing to wake them/us all up early for it. (We sleep when we can in this house!)  So we ended up going to my mom's for BBQ, swimming, etc.  We headed down around lunch time, and I have no idea the order of everything, but we grilled our food and ate, went swimming (in actuality, the kids swam and Jaimie and Ricky played with them while me and other lazy adults sat poolside.  Awesome Aunt Jaimie strikes again!)  Then, we went back to the house and played werewolf forever (there were a ton of us, every everyone was there for once!)  When it started to get dark we lit a fire in the fire bowl and made s'mores (with tons of water nearby due to all the fires) and then headed out front to do fireworks.  I'd brought lots of kiddie stuff - pop its and sparklers - Mark brought fountains and Mal and Trav covered the aerials.  We had a good, fun fireworks show of our own, I thought.  We were also in a prime spot where we saw tons and tons all around us - that was awesome.  We headed home late after a really fun day just hanging out with the entire Radcliffe clan.

No comments: